• Supported
    • Topics: 23
    • Replies: 43
    • Total posts: 66
    Just can't stay away
    Fenrilh
    2014-01-15 at 10:43 pm #2277

Hi,

I have a new issue with the primary menu links – they now “relaunch” when used..

Story ?

since the beginning I work on “horizon42.dreamhosters.com” and I redirect the whole thing on “horizon42.fr

Doing this, I had two minor issues : First one -> I couldn’t use the “admin shortcuts” at the bottom of the footer, nor can I access the WordPress dashboard section.

But if it is just an issue for me, I don’t mind.

Second problem problem was that users couldn’t use the Testimonial Widget. In the “horizon42.fr” link, it just wouldn’t launch.

Solution : all this works fine if you navigate through “horizon42.dreamhosters.com” ! It just won’t if you ue the redirected domain name “horizon42.fr”.

I did resolve the problem this way one hour ago : In the WordPress general options, it asks you the link for the wordpress directory, AND the site link you want ! (I just discovered that)

What did I do now ? : both links where using my WordPress directory link : “horizon42.dreamhosters.com”.

I changed now only the “site link”, becoming “Horizon42.fr” domain name.

Result ?

Testimonials now works fine ! And can be used in through the “horizon42.fr” page !

Accessing the Admin//dashboard still is a problem (I am force to “open in a new link” but again, minor issue I gues if it is just for me)

BUT now, having doing this : have a whole new issue : when you use the “primary links” at the top of the pages…every page just ‘reload’ ! Cutting music, relaunching the whole new page, etc..

I am getting crazy 🙂

I am pretty sure it could be a minor tweak but I begin to feel a bit lost..

Sorry, this forum is for verified users only. Please Login or Register to continue

Comments are closed.