• Resolved
    Posted in: LinoFeast  
    • Topics: 1
    • Replies: 1
    • Total posts: 2
    leanneheller
    2015-10-12 at 2:35 am #10126

Hello,

I received the following email from Envato re: Visual Composer. Is this part of the Linofeast theme? I plan to look into it to see if there’s a fix that I can apply, but what would you recommend as the best way to update Visual Composer within the Linofeast theme files to address the security issues Envato mentioned?

“We are getting in touch to let you know about multiple XSS security vulnerabilities in the Visual Composer WordPress plugin versions prior to 4.7.4 (releases prior to October 2, 2015). This plugin was included in items you’ve purchased (listed below).

We have been working with WP Bakery, the creators of Visual Composer, who have addressed all identified vulnerabilities and undertaken a code audit to ensure that it is as secure as possible. Theme authors whose items include Visual Composer have been instructed to make sure their items accommodate this upgrade. Items that include older versions of Visual Composer will be disabled from the market until this change is made.

Affected Items

Your items that include Visual Composer:

LinoFeast: Restaurant Responsive WordPress Theme
    What You Should Do

In order to secure your item from these vulnerabilities we strongly encourage you to update to version 4.7.4 or later as soon as possible. We recommend you take the following steps to secure your sites immediately, after first backing up your WordPress site.

Visual Composer Plugin Update Steps (the rest of the email was standard instructions / info that didn’t apply to the theme).

Thanks!

– Leanne

Sorry, this forum is for verified users only. Please Login or Register to continue

Comments are closed.