• Resolved
    Posted in: LinoFeast  
  • Supported
    • Topics: 4
    • Replies: 1
    • Total posts: 5
    markwhalen
    2014-07-04 at 11:46 pm #4561

I’m trying to make some changes to template files (e.g., /framework/shortcode/foodmenu.php) in the child theme, but because they’re more than 1 subdirectory below the main theme directory, they are not automatically loaded by WP.

Any suggestions on how to override parent template files? I’ve been messing around with hooks and trying to figure out how to override the atp_shortcodes function in my child functions.php file (for the file above), but I haven’t had any luck.

I did notice that in the parent functions.php file it mentions that it sets the file path based on whether the options framework is in a parent or child theme (starting line 95), but that doesn’t actually seem to be the case – it always returns the template directory, not the stylesheet directory (which would be the child theme). And copying the entire framework directory over to my child theme (and modifying the parent functions.php file to use the stylesheet directory as the path) seems to really defeat the purpose of being able to make tweaks to just a couple of framework files.

Sorry, this forum is for verified users only. Please Login or Register to continue

Comments are closed.